Sunday, June 26, 2011

Springfield again

Today I got to play the biggest organ I've ever seen!! It was so cool! The biggest pipe is 32 feet long. I played mostly black keys because they sound good together. The organist taught me all about the stops and pipes. I even got to see the bellows. The pipes were handmade and are made of lead. At the top of the organ was a star that had seven bells hanging on it. When you pushed a certain stop, the star would spin and the bells would jingle.
This was the same church that Abraham Lincoln went to. When you walk through the door, you can see the actual bench that Lincoln sat on.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Kelsey, I bet the sound was amazing. I love the name of your blog and look forward to hearing about more adventures. You will love reading this when you're older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelsey, I'm a college friend of your Mom's! So glad that you are keeping a blog of your adventures! I'll look forward to seeing your posts on your visit to Indiana and DePauw! Have fun!

    Laura (Hesher) Whipple

    ReplyDelete